Lobbying for better financial
Young Money, an arm of the charity Young Enterprise,
wanted to shed light on the need for children in care to be
afforded better financial education.
What We Did
- We mapped the stakeholders and third-party bodies that Young Money needed to influence and engage with as part of the inquiry.
- We managed an inquiry of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Education for Young People, convening oral evidence sessions which brought together banks, charities, think-tanks, parliamentarians and care-leavers.
- We compiled and publicised the call for evidence to generate interest and summarised the evidence sessions.
- Finally, we compiled the written and oral evidence to create a final report which is to be launched soon.
- Young Money will use the final report and evidence to lobby for mandatory financial education in primary schools, among other initiatives, and draw attention to the challenges faced by vulnerable children.
- The final report will also act as the basis for a launch event.
1 / 8
1 / 8