Establishing Insurtech UK
Members of the UK Insurtech community felt the sector lacked a coherent voice within the insurance industry and was missing opportunities to build effective dialogue with Government, the media and wider stakeholders to promote the industry and tackle specific challenges.
What We Did
- Following meetings with insurtech founders and other relevant industry stakeholders, we set up the necessary infrastructure to create a new trade body known as Insurtech UK.
- Ran a membership recruitment drive, with a series of events to build awareness.
- Engaged with key Government departments, regulatory agencies and the media to discuss key policy and industry issues.
- Within the first year, Insurtech UK had 83 members.
- Successful launch event with speeches from the Investment Minister and Lord Mayor of London endorsing the organisation.
- Signed a Statement of Intent with the Department for International Trade to collaborate on workstreams to benefit the UK insurtech sector.
- Secured quarterly meetings with HM Treasury to discuss key issues facing the sector.
- Developed a series of best practice initiatives for the membership, to drive up standards.
1 / 8
1 / 8