We established and grew the Internet Services Providers’ Association in 1995 to promote the burgeoning ISP industry in the UK and push for self-regulation of the internet sector. More than 25 years’ later we still run ISPA.
What We Did
- Horizon scanning potential regulatory threats to identify and pre-empt unwanted interventions
- Establishing relationships across Government, Parliament, the media and Industry to raise awareness and influence key decision makers.
- Taking the lead by organising industry best practice, establishing codes of practice and other self-regulatory systems.
- Adapted to and shaped the changes to the ISP sector, from dial-up to Full Fibre
- ISPA developed the first Internet industry code of practice and has become the first point of contact for government departments & parliament.
- Helped secure the mere conduit defence for ISPs.
- ISPA remains the voice of the broadband sector, with more 150 members
1 / 8
1 / 8