Clarity is a different kind of marketing and communications agency, built to meet the needs of today’s businesses driving change through technology: rebellious startups, ambitious scaleups, visionary corporates, and industry titans.
We are a global agency that creates and delivers truly integrated communications programs for companies. We solve business challenges, seize market opportunities and deliver tangible results.
We’re looking for an Account Director to join our team based in New York. You can't make it in New York City without understanding hustle, and our local team is no different! Our team has its ears to the ground, with deep industry connections and the expertise to promote client stories. Global, proud and forever fearless - join our team building the agency of tomorrow.
The ideal candidate
Account Directors are true leaders, both for the agency’s clients and our teams.
You have mastered the art of client communication and are adept at building long-lasting relationships and delivering creative, impactful campaigns.
You inspire trust and confidence in others, through your ability to listen and persuade by providing thoughtful, considered counsel.
You’re comfortable with both B2B and B2C communications, and know what it takes to tell a good story. You also have a good understanding of how integrated campaigns work and how to demonstrate success.
As a future agency leader, you have a keen managerial acumen and you’re a role model and mentor for junior staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as the main senior counsel to some of our largest and most exciting clients, oversee high-level strategy, ensuring alignment and delivery against communication and commercial goals
- Be able to think and plan ahead, anticipating client needs while proactively recommending strategic, creative solutions
- Perform as a fearless, inclusive and positive leader for account teams, inspiring junior colleagues, mentoring and leading by example
- Exhibit a global mindset: build connections and work with colleagues throughout the agency, our partner network and beyond, to ensure seamless client service, effective team collaboration, and successful delivery of internal campaigns and initiatives
- Be responsible for resourcing: ensure account teams are correctly staffed, recommending changes where this will improve the client experience, teamwork and the success of the program
- Have a proven track record of leading and executing integrated campaigns
- Support new business development and proactively seek opportunities to expand the agency’s scope with clients, through the addition of new services and/or geographies, or pursue opportunities with colleagues from across the business
- Keep abreast of developments and innovations in the communications industry, making time to learn about new thinking or techniques that may be applied to our client work
- Work with a wide range of B2C and B2B brands, from household names to startups
- Have the ability to work successfully in a hybrid model – we love meeting up in person and working together twice a week, and also believe in remote work flexibility.
We offer a competitive salary and incredible benefits including healthcare, phone allowance, a flexible remote work policy, unlimited paid time off (and we mean it!) paid time off for volunteering, summer Fridays, generous paid family leave policies, and much more.
Clarity is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and for our clients. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit. We do not discriminate against staff or clients on the basis of age, disability, neurodiversity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
New York: $95,000 - $120,000
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs.
How to apply
Click Apply Now or send your resume evidencing your experience to [email protected].
If you'd like to have an informal, confidential, no-strings conversation about the role before applying, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Head to BambooHR to apply for this job today.