About the role
The Finance Assistant role offers an opportunity to play an important role in the business organisation and within our operations team.
The key function of the role is to support the global Group’s finance department by delivering high levels of service, processes and detailed financial reporting.
You will be organised and detail oriented with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills who can adapt and work well in a fast-paced energetic environment supporting internal clients and possess excellent communication skills.
This role is ideal for someone who is:
- Dependable - more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible - enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented - enjoys focus on the details in support of the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent - enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative - prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Process invoices and daily transactions and expenses
- Assist Financial Controller with monthly reconciliations
- Assist with annual audit, liaising with external auditors
- Perform administrative support functions
- Banking support including ad hoc supplier payments
- Update and maintain accounting database with data entry and reports
- Manage day-to-day accounting duties including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, booking journal entries, reconciling credit card and bank accounts
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Supplier account management: Maintain accurate records of suppliers and assist in setting up new vendor accounts
- Support with the implementation of a new finance system
- Ad hoc responsibilities as required by the business
Skills and Competencies
- Ambitious self starter who wants to develop into an accountant
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
Areas to thrive in while in the role:
- Think ahead and come with well thought out solutions first
- Take initiative and have ambition to do more, never settle
- Pursue excellence - detail, detail, detail
- Connecting the dots - between people and departments to see full picture
- Meeting or exceeding deadline
- Ability to communicate well and manage up with ease
- We focus on results
- We are organised and use smart tools to get the job done
- We take risks - and learn from them
- We challenge our clients and the market
- We do what we’ll say we will but are not afraid to change the plan
- We don’t do anything that doesn’t support a business goal
- We are entrepreneurial through and through
- We value honesty and hold ourselves accountable
- We seek to inspire and motivate - our team, our clients, and beyond
You’ll work with some amazing brands and super smart people, including our international teams in Amsterdam, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Cornwall. Your clients will be rebels and titans - from household names to the most exciting start-ups going.
So if you are a supportive leader who thrives in a fast-paced agency and who is passionate about nurturing junior talent then this could be the role for you.
We offer not only a competitive salary and some great benefits including healthcare, phone allowance, an incredible flexible remote work policy, unlimited paid time off (and we mean it!) paid time off for volunteering, summer Fridays, generous paid family leave policies and much more.
Clarity is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and for our Clients. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit. We do not discriminate against staff or Clients on the basis of age, disability, neurodiversity, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Head to BambooHR to apply for this job today.