Company Goal: Grow awareness, customer base and partnerships globally
Clarity’s Challenge: Secure profile-building media coverage and executive positioning opportunities in the US, UK and EU
Video creation platform Wochit had been working with Spark in the US and Clarity in the UK. After three months, they migrated 100% of the work to Clarity. With a tiny, overextended marketing team. Wochit wanted a true partner that would help them prioritize efforts in order to yield the greatest results with the least lift on their end. Their goals were:
- Establish with external audiences who the company is and how they’re differentiated from the main competitor
- Solidify the company’s positioning in a way that could withstand the growing complexities of and players in the market
- Grow the number of content partners and platform users around the world, with a particular interest in Asian markets
- Increase visibility for the CEO, who was historically under the radar
- Pull them out of their “shy and modest” habits and make their successes known
After a deep dive into the company and its strengths in the competitive,context Clarity helped to refine Wochit’s messaging to better highlight its differentiators and appeal to its primary customers. Initial positioning centered on the concepts of “journalistic storytelling” and “short-form social video,” and we focused on establishing Wochit as a partner who give expert guidance to media companies on how they can leverage video to engage with audiences across owned and syndicated channels.
Tactics included preparation of quarterly reports, the Social Performance Index, which provided insights on video production and consumption trends gleaned from thousands of videos from hundreds of Wochit users. We also aided in preparation of eBooks and other educational materials. For the CEO, we instituted an aggressive thought leadership program, publishing numerous bylined articles with target publications and providing rapid-response commentary on issues relevant to video and publishing..