Despite the uncertainty caused by Brexit and the political fallout, many aspects of the legislative agenda are continuing as normal, with Government determined to show that Britain is open for business.
The Digital Economy Bill is one important and wide-ranging piece of legislation currently before Parliament which has some significant ramifications for the tech sector, including:
- Meausres to improve data sharing between different government bodies
- Give people the legal right to a 10 Mbps broadband connection
- Reform planning laws to make rolling out digital infrastructure easier
- Age verification for sites offering adult content
- Strengthening intellectual property laws
- Giving additional powers to Ofcom to regulate telecommunications services
With such a major Bill, we have prepared a briefing on the bill
Why thinking ‘Now, Near, and Next’ is so important when doing business in a downturn
Fearless tactics to achieve your strategic success
As a consultancy, our full-funnel marketing and communications solutions are designed to fearlessly deliver business results across multiple industries and service areas.